Press launch: MyRightBird
MyRightBird, an initiative to encourage accountable pet chicken possession created by the Chicken Enjoyment & Benefit Koalition (BEAK), was excited to see the outcomes of a latest survey from the American Pet Merchandise Affiliation (APPA) indicating that pet homeowners are more and more exhibiting an curiosity in pet birds. The APPA’s 2021-2022 Nationwide Pet House owners Survey, a complete annual report exploring traits in pet possession throughout the U.S., revealed that 8 p.c of households now have pet birds, with almost half of latest homeowners stating that their choice to accumulate a chicken was influenced by the pandemic. Moreover, two-thirds of chicken homeowners are members of Gen Z or Millennials, with Millennials accounting for 45 p.c. In gentle of those traits, MyRightBird is growing its efforts to supply precious info for present and potential chicken homeowners alike, together with care sheets for several types of birds and a quiz designed to counsel chicken species which may be appropriate with the person’s way of life.
The Nationwide Pet House owners Survey highlighted a number of different attention-grabbing statistics relating to chicken possession within the U.S., and pet possession total. Notably, pet possession is on the rise, with 70 p.c of U.S. households having a pet in comparison with 67 p.c the earlier 12 months. As well as, pet homeowners spent more cash on their pets and pet provides, and more and more emphasised the numerous advantages that pets convey to their lives. Relating to pet birds, the Survey additionally included the next statistics:
- Households that personal birds every have a median of two.46 birds.
- Fifty-nine p.c of chicken homeowners reported spending more cash on their pets and pet provides over the previous 12 months.
- Chicken homeowners mostly get hold of their pets from a pal or relative, pet superstore, or chicken retailer.
- In comparison with the earlier 12 months’s survey, all pet homeowners reported a rise in shopping for presents for his or her pets. Chicken homeowners represented the very best share, with 80 p.c saying they purchase presents for his or her pets and spend a median of $56 per present.
- Chicken homeowners demonstrated a dedication to their pets’ well being: one-fifth mentioned their birds had been on particular diets – in comparison with 10 p.c of canine and cat homeowners – and chicken homeowners had the very best share amongst all pet homeowners who reported giving their pets nutritional vitamins or dietary supplements. One quarter purchased chicken meals from their vets, with 22 p.c taking their birds for normal bodily exams.
- Forty-four p.c of chicken homeowners mentioned that model identify was very essential when shopping for pet merchandise, with 58 p.c contemplating themselves “very brand-loyal.”
The traits of buying latest pets and spending extra on their well being and well-being could function a method for pet homeowners to indicate their gratitude for the numerous advantages that pets convey to their lives – significantly through the pandemic, when many individuals had been in want of companionship and stress aid. Chicken homeowners particularly cited the next as a few of the key advantages of getting a pet chicken: birds are enjoyable to observe and have within the family (50 p.c); they supply happiness and emotional help (56 p.c); companionship and love/affection (45 p.c); and stress aid (62 p.c).
From birds to canine and cats to fish and reptiles, the APPA Nationwide Pet House owners Survey supplies fascinating perception into the newest traits in pet possession, in addition to the particular relationship between pet homeowners and their animals. To study extra about MyRightBird and discover its assortment of assets for present and potential chicken homeowners, go to right here.